Let's make your picture book shine.
Hi! I’m Blair Thornburgh, an editor with over eight years of trade publishing experience and an award-winning picture book author. I absolutely love working with emerging picture book authors and helping their work blossom and reach their publishing dreams.
Whether you have questions about how to get your children’s book published, how to query agents looking for picture books, or even just how to write a picture book that’s as good as it can be, a Picture Book Critique with me is a great way to get thorough and insightful editorial feedback on your children’s book manuscript as you get ready to publish.
Here's how we work together.
- You send your picture book manuscript to me by email
- I read carefully and thoroughly (more than once!) and make notes
- I prepare an in-depth critique letter detailing the strengths and potential shortcomings of your book, along with answer to any of your questions
- I make detailed line edits in the manuscript itself, with word- and sentence-level suggestions
- I send you the critique materials and we meet for a one-on-one consultation to go over the critique and answer any more questions you have
If you've been wondering...
then you're ready to take the next step!
Ready to work together?
I love picture books–or really, I never stopped loving them–and that’s why I love being a freelance picture book editor. My picture books have won awards, gotten glowing reviews, and featured everywhere from Publishers Weekly to the Wall Street Journal. I bring nitty-gritty, “behind the desk” experience from traditional publishing and a top-tier children’s writing MFA program, but also the empathy and understanding of a fellow children’s book author. I love to collaborate and find out how to revise your picture book manuscript and launch it into the world!